Mathematics Laboratory: It is a unique room or place, with relevant and up-to-date equipment known as instructional materials, designated for the teaching and learning of mathematics and other scientific or research work, whereby professionally qualified Lecturer readily interact with the students on specified set of instructions. To an approach to teaching and learning of mathematics which provides opportunity to the learners to abstract mathematical ideas through their own experiences, that is to relate symbol to realities. The functions of mathematics laboratory include the followings:
- Arousing interest and motivating learning.
- Cultivating favorable attitudes towards mathematics.
- Enriching and varying instructions.
- Encouraging and developing creative problems solving ability.
- Allowing for individual differences in manner and speed at which students learn.
- Making students to see the origin of mathematical ideas and participating in “mathematics in the making”.